RE: Grass paths?

Hey guys-
Sounds like I got you going by suggesting mowed paths.  I don't think it's a
very good idea for your average community gardens, particularly one where
folks don't take much interest in common areas.  And I certainly wouldn't
suggest it for paths without edges.  On the other hand, the original request
related to a community garden in a botanic garden.  Perhaps botanic garden
staff could keep the paths mowed if the paths were designed properly to
accommodate their equipment.  From an esthetic standpoint, dirt paths always
get weeds and grass paths get bare spots - pick your poison.  With a grass
path, you plan to mow periodically.  With a dirt path, encroaching weeds
feel like an attack.