FW: CYBERGARDENS: NY Daily News Editorial

  • Subject: [cg] FW: CYBERGARDENS: NY Daily News Editorial
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 15:51:48 -0400

Friends,
This gem of a NYC Daily News editorial appeared this morning and was read by
the hundreds of thousands of folks who read more than the funny papers,
sports and the scandals. The Daily News is not a bad paper and I usually buy
it to drink with my first cup of coffee. You need only imagine what my
breakfast table looked like this morning when I read this editorial.

Yesterday, the mayor called community gardeners the cause of homelessness in
NYC, today the NY Daily News calls us "weasels".

In contrast:
Last week, nice blue haired lady wearing a lapel  pin from the National
Ladies Republican Club  toured the community garden in which I volunteer.
She had heard all of the rhetoric from the other side and could not believe
that we were the kind of organization that she had heard "demonized."

This lady said, "truly, if the other community gardens throughout the
country are like this one, and I have no doubt now that they are, then they
are truly among the "thousands of dots of light" that President Bush senior
talked about.

I offer you this editorial as a prime example of how bad it can get. Should
you feel the urge to reply to the Daily New editorial, you can e-mail the
Daily News editors at
voicers@edit.nydailynews.com

Please include your full name, address and phone number. The Daily News
reserves the right to edit letters. The shorter the letter, the better the
chance it will be used.

Best wishes,

Adam Honigman