Quick Bio & q's

  • Subject: [cg] Quick Bio & q's
  • From: "vinny" <gardens@kos.net>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:18:26 -0500

Hi guys
I'm new to this, obviously. I work for a non profit fndtn that owns 175
acres here in Gananoque Ontario, Canada. 8 years ago I started The Gardens
at Landon Bay, (landonbay.org). Each of our close to sixty gardens is
planned planted & maintained(?) by various groups & individuals, but
they're not veg gardens. they are all either decorative or environmental in
theme. 3 years ago, we  started construction of the Rosette Pavilion, a
wheelchair accessable complex where those with limited mobility can
actively participate in the gardening. I'm trying to develope this as a
legit tourist attraction.

My problem, as I'm sure is yours, is funding. The fndtn is staunchly
against lottery & other "sin" money. I've exhausted the gov't grants & not
sure how I'm gonna do this another year.  Any pointers?

Green side up and if it doesn't work, don't do it again