NYC Community Gardener's Alert: Parks 2001 Rally
- Subject: [cg] NYC Community Gardener's Alert: Parks 2001 Rally
- From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 18:08:59 -0400
NYC COMMUNITY GARDENERS - WE NEED TO HAVE A BIG PRESENCE UNDER THE AEGIS OF
THE PARKS 2001 MOVEMENT.
PARKS 2001: THE RACE IS ON --- GET OUT THE PARKS VOTE!!!
WE NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE THIS CAMPAIGN A SUCCESS!
There are only 2 weeks left until Primary Day!
Now is the most important time in decades to take action on behalf of parks,
recreation centers and community gardens!
1. Come to the Parks 2001 campaign headquarters at 355 Lexington Ave, 3rd
Floor (between 40th and 41st Street) any Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday
between the hours of 4-8 to help phone bank to get people to THE RALLY. We
especially need help this Wednesday and Thursday.
2. Sign up to hold a placard representing your park/garden or organization
at the PARKS 2001 RALLY (email email@example.com), and receive a free
Parks 2001 tee shirt.
This historic rally is being held from 1-3pm on Saturday, September 8th in
Union Square Park. All of the Mayoral candidates are planning to attend,
former Governor Cuomo is scheduled to be a keynote speaker, and some
celebrity appearances are planned.
3. Spread the word about THE RALLY in your neighborhood or to your
(Go to the following link to download a copy of the Rally Flyer:
4. Sign up to Leaflet for Parks 2001 in your park/garden or your
neighborhood Sunday, September 9th
5. Sign up to Canvass for Parks 2001 (non-partisan) at your polling site on
Primary Day (September 11th)
6. Send a letter or email to the candidates in support of Parks 2001.
7. Sign up to receive weekly campaign updates
To help in doing these things, call or email Christine at 212-490-1484,
firstname.lastname@example.org or come by the campaign headquarters any Wednesday
between now and September 8th from 6-8pm.
Visit the website at www.parks2001.org to find out about upcoming events and
volunteer opportunities, and to find out where your candidates stand on park
For more information, please contact:
Advocacy Outreach Coordinator
355 Lexington Ave., 3rd Fl.
New York, NY 10017
fax (212) 490-0141
community_garden maillist - email@example.com