FW: Water from roof tops can be hazardous

  • Subject: [cg] FW: Water from roof tops can be hazardous
  • From: "John Verin" jverin@Pennhort.org
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 11:59:08 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Frey, Linda [mailto:Linda.Frey@Rodale.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 11:39 AM
To: John Verin
Subject: OG: Water

Dear Paco John

Thank you for your interest in ORGANIC GARDENING. Recent reports caution
that some shingles are treated with chemicals to inhibit moss growth, and
that such chemicals could leach from the shingles. Thus, we are advising
caution in using runoff water from asphalt-shingled roofs.
In every issue of OG, you'll find specific guidance on how to "do it
yourself" the organic way. To subscribe, call 1-800-666-2206 or visit

Happy gardening!
Linda Frey
Readers' Service