FWD: Tree Seedlings??

  • Subject: [cg] FWD: Tree Seedlings??
  • From: Laura Berman laura@foodshare.net
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 16:00:08 -0400

Can someone please help with this request for help from the Seattle area? As
always, please reply to the original sender, not to me ;-)

Laura

Greetings,

My name is Joe McNulty.  I am working on my Eagle Boy Scout project.  I hope
to replant/reforest an area around the Alderwood Boys & Girls Club with
native NW trees, such as Douglas Fir, Hemlock and Western Red Cedar or other
native NW trees.

The property where the Alderwood B&G Club is located is owned by the
Alderwood Youth Club (AYC) and is in suburban Lynnwood, WA, north of
Seattle. This area is rapidly becoming de-forested and I would like to see
more trees here.

I was wondering if you could direct me to where I might find seedlings for
this planting project, either purchased at low cost or preferably donated.
I would like to plant around 300 seedlings because I know that not all of
them will survive.

My Troop and I are clearing the area now of junk and blackberry bushes and
hope to plant in late September or October.

I appreciate any guidance you can give me.

Thank you.

Joe McNulty