Urgent Last Second Calls - for La Plaza and creation of More Gardens!

  • Subject: [cg] Urgent Last Second Calls - for La Plaza and creation of More Gardens!
  • From: aresh aresh@moregardens.org
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 01:55:33 -0400

Thank you for all supporting the NYC community gardens please goto the phones One more time:

Call Mayor Bloomberg - (212) 788 3000 and ask All the community gardens, especially La Plaza to be preserved! 212 788 3000.
NYC needs more gardens for many communities with a small fraction of the 2.5 acres per 1000 person recommended green space.
Environmental justice Now!

Call Spitzer's office and commend them for their support of our precious gardens and ask them to fight for the above. Making sure the gardeners choose their land trust and are supported in future land review processes!

The above deal includes many gardens to be bulldozed!
We need solidarity for all those in danger. How and when will the communities start new gardens to catch up with the rest of affluent neighborhoods. Environmental justice Now!!

Civil Disobedience Training for Environmental Justice!
Are you willing to join in unity and support gardeners fighting for our gardens?
We need to create more gardens!
There will be civil disobedience training for all ages!

When: Saturday, August 24, 2002 -  3pm afternoon

Where: 1 & 2 Train to Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn,
Meet behind the Saturday Farmers Market, by the marble rotunda.

Can't get arrested? That's fine--we still need you.
There are many non-arrestable support tasks, including
legal observing, banner holding, and media relations.

moregardens.org
United We Will Turn the Tide! More Gardens for New York City!