Party Preparation

Dear Friends and Fellow Gardeners,

I want to apologize for not returning my emails this week. As you might remember, I returned late Sunday evening from a week-long backpacking trip. After that my ear infection that seemed to have been controlled came back, and I have been feeling really sick since Monday, including vertigo and massive head pressure/aches…not good. So, today, Thursday, I am feeling considerably better and decided to write to everyone so that we are all in the same page, and update you on the wonderful goodies that people will be bringing in. Well, here it is:

1.       Pasta Salad - Marj & Don Gonzalez will bring ramen noodle green salad...ummm...and broccoli salad.

2.       Potato Salad - Cynthia Bird will bring potato salad.

3.       Green Salad – Diane Dovholuk

4.       Onion rings? (Lots of fresh onions at the gardens!)

5.       Chips & Salsa - Me (5-lb tortilla chips (all natural, without trans-fatty acids - Will need some salsa)

6.       Finger-size carrots, celery, broccoli, peppers and that kind of thing, with some dressing to dip into (your choice) – Chantal Callow

7.       Dessert? I have heard rumors that some gardener (and I won’t say any names) makes a blackberry pie to kill for?? Mind you, these are only rumors! Cynthia Bird will bring blackberry cobbler...yum...is this the one I have been hearing about?! Dolores will bring brownies.

8.       Cookies – your choice. – Mary & Walt, Barbara Carlson & Co.

9.       I will bring bread, Catalan style, you’ll have to trust me on this one…I grew up with it and I can’t let go, not just sentimental is just so goooooood! It’s fresh, delicious, and healthy!

10.   Lemonade – Barbara Carlson & Co., Cynthia Bird

11.   Water – Marj & Don Gonzalez

12.   Orange Juice – Chantal Callow

This is what I have received so far.  I just want to remind everyone that it will be a good idea for each individual to bring what you like to drink, as well as chairs to sit, and your own fork/spoon/plate, etc (plastic, washable). I will post a note at the gardens this weekend to let more people know, because I want to make sure that at least the gardeners are informed, and I know that I don’t have everyone’s email.

That’s it for now. Please send me your comments, ideas, hello’s! August 10th @ 6 pm still stands.

"Think Globally, Garden Locally"

"Community Gardens = Sustainability"

"Community Gardens + Community Center = Happy Community "

Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* ______________________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org To post an e-mail to the list: community_garden@mallorn.com To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden