Re: Gardening and Microenterprise

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Gardening and Microenterprise
  • From: "Debby Williams" will1322@msu.edu
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 09:13:28 -0400

Growing Power was well represented at the conference.  They are helping
develop the U-FIT program on Chicago's south side, which was part of the
Friday tour I selected.  I met and talked with Will and Erika Allen (father,
daughter) and found that I wanted to know more about the program.
Apparently Growing Power started as a program for troubled youth in
Milwaukee.  Microenterprise is a part of their program, as well as youth