Re: rooftop gardens

  • Subject: Re: [cg] rooftop gardens
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:17:11 EDT

Rosie,

Hopefully you have an alderman who might take the brilliant example of
Chicago's Mayor Daley's roof gardens seriously (there's one on the roof of City
Hall!)

Here are some quick links:

The City of Chicago's guide to rooftop gardening with downloadable PDF: <A
HREF="http://www.ci.chi.il.us/Environment/rooftopgarden/";>City of Chicago
Rooftop Gardens</A>

Another Chicago link from Chicago, touting rooftop gardens as a way of
reducing air polution:  <A
HREF="http://www.ci.chi.il.us/Environment/AirToxPollution/UrbanHeatIsland/heatisland6.html";>Rooftop Gardens Environment/Chicago</A>

The Canadian City Farmer link on rooftop gardens: <A
HREF="http://www.cityfarmer.org/rooftop59.html";>Cityfarmer Rooftop</A>

To a Green Roof Infrastructure conference last May:  <A
HREF="http://www.greenroofs.ca/";>Green Roofs Conference</A>

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman
Volunteer,