Tom's of Maine grant update (thanks to Lenny)

  • Subject: [cg] Tom's of Maine grant update (thanks to Lenny)
  • From: Laura Berman <laura@foodshare.net>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 11:00:11 -0400

Hi Everyone,
I didn't see this in my digest form of our listserve so am forwarding it to
you all again--thanks to Lenny Librizzi for this info! (This is NOT
something that the Toronto conference folks are dealing with so please do
not respond to me--use the contact info for the ACGA head office, contained
in Lenny's email, please ;-)

Good luck to all and see you in Toronto,

To all,
FYI, this is an ACGA grant program using funds received from Tom's of

The August 15th deadline is to allow the grants to be reviewed and the
winners announced at the ACGA conference in Toronto.

The good news is that the ACGA office will be accepting e-mailed
applications until the deadline at the following e-mail address.

Use the subject line : Tom's Of Maine/ACGA grant application

Any questions call - 1-877-ASK-ACGA.

The grant application is on line at

Since the form on the web site is a single image .pdf , I am including
cut and pasted text for you to create a word document to submit.

Cover Page:

2004 Tom's of Maine/ACGA Grant Form
"Community Gardens: Bringing People Closer to Nature"

       Tom's of Maine and ACGA recognize the valuable role community
gardens play in bringing
       individuals and communities closer to nature, at the same time,
appreciating the power and
       beauty of plants and herbs. To support these efforts, Tom's of Maine
will assist ACGA in
       recognizing 15 community gardens that are either established or in
the development stage,
       with grants of $1000 to community garden groups across North America.

Garden Name:
Zip Code:
Contact:                               Alternate Contact:

Email:                                         Email:
Phone: (D)            (E)                     Phone: (D)            (E)

Please return this page and attach additional sheets to describe the
following (Limit 250 words):

- How the community garden is or will be used as a tool to bring people
closer to nature.
- The impact and positive contributions anticipated that benefit the
- How does the garden address some of todays social issues, such as food
   environmental justice, poverty, open space, urban renewal etc.
- Names, telephone numbers, and contact information of three people who
know of the project.
- Supportive documents such as photos, press releases, clippings,
citations, etc.

Grantees will be announced in Toronto at ACGA's 25th Anniversary
Conference, October 2, 2004
during the annual luncheon.

Good luck to all.

Lenny Librizzi