Re: Community Greening and the Homeless

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Community Greening and the Homeless
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 22:40:14 EDT

When you have lemons, it's best to make lemonaide. I lieu of a gate and nightlock, that would save this garden...

Off the top of my head:

1) I'd call a few local churches, the kind that are interested in converting drunken sinners and tell them that there are more than a few likely candidates in the gazebo during the late evening.  I'm sure that enough visits from earnest, bible thumping visitors will go far in dissuading nocturnal visits by these gentlemen.

2) Cops collect trespassers....perhaps with a few photos, the cops will stop by and arrest some of these vagrants for trespassing, or move them to the shelter.

3) Notify the shelter that you have a population here and suggest that they dispatch a car to collect them.

Adam Honigman

Subj: [cg] Community Greening and the Homeless