Poor People Deserve A Nice Place to Live. Just like rich folks

  • Subject: [cg] Poor People Deserve A Nice Place to Live. Just like rich folks
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:10:41 EDT

One of the great things about the Whitmire Community Gardening and Greening Study being done under the aegis of Gateway Greening in St. Louis,  ( WhitmireStudy.html ) is that these self-help efforts stabilize poor neighborhoods.

And in my experience, organized groups of tenants/renters who work together as a neighborhood end up being involved in the community. Developers don't have an empty slate to chalk in their dreams of gentrification.

Vital working class neighborhoods don't get gentrified - those in risk definately do. More greening, more cleaning up, and more people who respect the places where they live, work and play.

Everbest,
Adam Honigman
Volunteer,
Clinton Community Garden

Subj: Re: [cg] RE: community_garden digest, Vol 1 #1911 - 2 msgs