Community Garden Week in California

  • Subject: [cg] Community Garden Week in California
  • From: "Bill Maynard" sacgc@ulink.net
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 00:24:15 -0700

All...a reminder that the ACGA conference is next week and

i am very proud to annouce that its also.....

Community Garden Week in California !!!!

********read below*****

From the Office of Governor Arnold Schwartenegger

August 10, 2006

COMMUNITY GARDEN WEEK

I am please to extend my greetings to the American Community Gardening
Association as you gather in Los Angeles for your twenty-seventh annual
conference.

California is famous of its beautiful terrain, exquisite landscapes and lush
community gardens.  Our colorful open spaces are a perfect example if the
majestic scenery and rich biological diversity that can be found throughout
the golden state.

In addition to their visual appeal, community gardens enable individuals to
improve their nutritional practices and gain control over the quality, variety
and cost of their fresh food supply.  Gardening with communities encourages
Californians of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds to work together,
foster an open sense  of community and improve the equality of their lives.

I am honored to thank the many volunteers who tend to California's community
gardens and provide a nutritious source of fresh produce donations to local
food pantries and social service agencies.

I wish you a productive and memorable conference and much continued success.

Sincerely,

Arnold Schwarzenegger

****** Next year...August will be community garden month !!!!

there is still time to sign up for the ACGA conference...its gonna be great!

and dont miss the chance to bid on the oringinal framed proclamation of
community garden week and other items at the saturday silent auction!!!!

Hope to see you there!

Bill Maynard
ACGA vice-president, Sacramento