Gentle reminder on subscribing, unsubscribing, and options

  • Subject: [cg] Gentle reminder on subscribing, unsubscribing, and options
  • From: Don Boekelheide dboekelheide@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 20:11:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, all,

I'm not the list administrator, just one of the
floating informal 'news editors' on this list (second
fiddle to the inimitable Adam Honigman of New York
City, though others jump in now and then to forward
pieces of interest).

Recently, I've gotten a couple of emails from folks
asking me to manage their involvement in this list,
especially wanting to unsubscribe. Unfortunately, I
can't help in that department - only the list
administrator can do that. But this list is well
constructed, and you can unsubscribe yourself. Here's
what to do:

To unsubscribe (or to subscribe, or to manage your
subscription), type the following address into your
browser and go to that page:

For unsubscribing, follow the instructions at the very
bottom of the page. Put in your email address, then
click <edit options>.

This will bring up a new page. At the top, on the
right, is the <unsubscribe> box. Put in your email
address again, and click the <unsubscribe> button.
Goodbye, hate to see you go, and happy gardening -
you'll be off this list.

If you want to stick around, however, that same page
also allows you to receive the list as a daily digest
(the option I like). You'll get all the posts for 24
hours conveniently packaged together in a single post.
Nice - I do this for all my listservs. Just click <on>
for the <digest> mode, the second box.

Hope this helps. If you want to get this straight from
the horse's mouth, you can send an email with "HELP"
in the subject or body to
community_garden-request@mallorn.com

Good gardening, and spread the word about this list -
the more people we have sharing about community
gardening, the better for all of us.

Good gardening, and stronger communities -

Don Boekelheide
Urban Ministry Center Community Garden Program
Charlotte, NC