Question: Environmental Benefits of Community Gardens
- Subject: [cg] Question: Environmental Benefits of Community Gardens
- From: "Kanthor, David" KanthorDO@cdm.com
- Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:26:03 -0400
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcbLbq02mF8eu2yDQ/ucpZMRwvjvLA==
- Thread-topic: Question: Environmental Benefits of Community Gardens
What are the environmental benefits of community gardens?
I am soliciting citations and links to academic studies with information that I can include for a project I am working on called GreenPlan Philadelphia, which is an open space plan.
I would be interested in any studies that discuss stormwater runoff coefficients, air quality benefits - especially CO2 sequestration, albedo levels, and possibly any general information about increased habitat for birds,
insects, and other biodiversity.
I know that is a lot of information to ask, but if you have answers or suggestions for any of these questions, that would be extremely helpful.
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org
To post an e-mail to the list: email@example.com
To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden