some NY funding

  • Subject: [cg] some NY funding
  • From: Laura Berman <laura@foodshare.net>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 15:08:01 -0500

Hi All,
Here's something I found that may be of interest to those of you in rural
New York. Please remember that I am NOT the person to respond to, I'm only
forwarding this ;-}

You might also want to check out the website where I found this. It is "Help
for Grant Writers"

The New York State Legislative Commission on Rural Resources has
announced a new economic development initiative for rural New York.  The
Rural Economic Development Revitalization Legislation was recently
signed into law, according to a 'Legislative Alert' issued by the
commission December 1, 2001.

The legislation (S.3080/A.5862) makes grants of up to $100,000 available
for nonprofits serving rural areas for valued-added agribusiness and
small business development.  The law also provides for grants to
establish farmers markets, create business incubators, and provide
agricultural job training assistance.

**For more information, contact the Legislative Commission on Rural
Resources at (518) 455-2544.

Laura Berman
FoodShare Toronto
T:(416) 392-1668