Re: good community garden book?

  • Subject: Re: [cg] good community garden book?
  • From: "Jennifer Lauzon" jenlauzon@hotmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 17:56:07 -0500

Rex,

Lucky for you, I'm doing my thesis on community gardening. Here's some of the books that I could get a hold of. Some of them are out of print but a library may have them. Also check Urban Agricultural Notes, city farmer web site's listing of resources: http://www.cityfarmer.org/communitygarden7.html#community
The general guides are listed towards the bottom. And though I don't like buying from amazon.com, they do have a good search engine, listing out of print books, as well as in-print ones. Sometimes you have to be very specific with my library's search, so I do a search on amazon and then copy and paste the isbn number from amazon's page into the search on my library's--a very quick and easy way to find a specific book.

-Jen Lauzon

Coe, M. L. (1978). Growing with Community Gardening. Taftsville, VT: Countryman Press.

Jobb, J. (1979). The Complete Book of Community Gardening. New York: William Morrow and Co.

Naimark, S. (Ed.). (1982). A Handbook of Community Gardening. New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons.