Raised Beds

Rex.
Please go to the following page to read my thoughts on "raised beds" gardens.

As stated on this page, we will be trying to transition part of our garden to this method this spring.
After our terrible soil compaction/drainage problems this past year, I'm determined to try something
different.

Granted going to this method will be very labor intensive, but hopefully it will be worth it.  Remember,
when building these beds, you remove the soil in the garden paths to build up your "raised" beds.  In
our case, after this step is completed, we plan to fill our garden paths with leaf mulch to the height
of the raised beds.  You do not need to bring any soil to fill up any "box built" beds.

Hope this helps,

Jim Call
CASA Community Garden Volunteer Director
(256) 883-5363 (Home - after 6:00 pm)
(256) 713-5316 (office)

Upgrade Your Email - Click here!