From the Mississippi Greenhouse

  • Subject: [cg] From the Mississippi Greenhouse
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 09:37:32 EST

 RE: Can anyone recommend a variety or two of tomato that
will do well in a 'greenhouse'.  I'm desparately
trying to have tomatoes 'year-round here in southern
California where we get maybe a couple of frosts on
average per year (we all know what store-bought
tomatoes taste like!!).  Do they need special

This Missisippi State University Extension service site is a grand place to
start.  There is even a greenhouse tomato handbook available at this site in
both electronic and printable PDF format

<A HREF="http://msucares.com/crops/comhort/greenhouse.html";>Click here:
Greenhouse Tomatoes

 <A HREF="http://msucares.com/pubs/publications/pub1828.htm";>Click here:
P1828 Greenhouse Tomato Handbook                 </A>

I'm also sure that your local California State Agricultural Extension service
can offer you many of the same resources and even dirct you to resources for
organic greenhouse gardening.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman