Horticultural Therapy

  • Subject: [cg] Horticultural Therapy
  • From: CONNIEDKELLY@cs.com
  • Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 09:35:59 EST

My business publishes a subscription based monthly newspaper entitled 'Health & Gardens', a user-friendly guide to Horticultural Therapy. The publication focuses on the value and benefits of Hort. Therapy and how it can be used in order to help improve the quality of life for special populations. While our primary market has been healthcare, Nursing homes, Convalescent hospitals, etc., we also strive to address the needs of the physically and mentally disabled.

At this time, I am interested in learning of community garden or prison garden programs that have been successfully used as therapeutic tools. If anyone has information they can share it would be most appreciated.  Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Connie Kelly
Health & Gardens
PO Box 798
Brentwood, CA  94513