Re: Recycle that Chrsitmas Tree

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Recycle that Chrsitmas Tree
  • From: "Libby J. Goldstein" libby@igc.org
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 14:28:04 -0500

Actually, in colder climates, Christmas tree branches make great mulch.

I "prune" all the trees left out on our block for the City's tree recyclying program, and use the branches in my yard. In the spring, I put all the branches on my raspberry bed to add to the permanent mulch, but I used to use them as pea brush before I began growing snap peas on a trellis.

One can also build all sorts of neat furniture, e.g. headboards, benches with the trunks.

But Bill is quite right, "Recycle that Christmas tree."

Happy Holidays,