Re: Mulching Xmas trees/pea brush

  • Subject: [cg] Re: Mulching Xmas trees/pea brush
  • From: Don Boekelheide dboekelheide@yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:19:30 -0800 (PST)

Hi, all,

What Libby says holds true for warmer climes, too,
where 'pine straw' is in some ways our most convenient
mulch for woodies (weed-free, holds up well  - only
problem is that voles like to live in it, and rats
downtown...).

I've also used Xmas trees for pea brush, a technique I
really like, but I admit I like leafless branches from
deciduous trees better (beech is my favorite, if I
have to do any trimming or after-ice storm clean up).
Pea brush is free, no purchased stakes, no string,
looks interesting, easy to compost or mulch with
after... Excellent CG and home technique.

Happy New Year,

Don Boekelheide
Charlotte NC (nice warm-ish Zone 7B)