Re: Planning in Minneapolis/ Historic Gardens

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Planning in Minneapolis/ Historic Gardens
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 22:15:31 EST

Re Historic Preservation and Community Gardens.

Many  community gardeners have gone into garbage strewn lots and while
cleaning them out have found neat things, like burnt marble columns, cast iron
ballustrades from stoops and even odd little pieces of decorative sculpture from
the long gone tenements of brownstones that were originally on the site.

The idea, of course, is to get your neighbors to love your garden and
participate. There are tons of classic Vicorian Garden themes from heirloom roses to
Victorian coleus collection - look them up on the internet.

Great luck,
Adam Honigman,
Volunteer,
 Clinton Community Garden