Good news

  • Subject: [cg] Good news
  • From: "John Verin" jverin@Pennhort.org
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:08:01 -0500

Hi, folks!
It's been a few years since I've been on this list, and I've popped back
on to share my latest news.

I've been accepted to the Longwood Gardens "Professional Gardener
Training Program," a two-year residential, practical and academic
training in all things horticulture. It's a rare and wonderful
opportunity, and I'm very excited to be a part of it.
If you know anyone who wants to be a horticulturalist, I highly
recommend it. The next application period will begin in 2007.
http://longwoodgardens.com/Education/StudentPrograms/ProfessionalGardene
rTrainingProgram/PGIntro.htm

The sad news is that I have to leave PHS in order to do this, a decision
I wrestled with. Yet, it's my work here is what enabled and encouraged
me to apply, and the skill set I'll gain will allow me to better serve
land and people. The position announcement will be posted to this list
soon. Please do not email me about it.

Thus, I also won't be at ACGA conferences until at least 2008. :-( Maybe
even later, depending on what work I do after Longwood.

BTW, I won the big & heavy St. Fiacre statue at this year's silent
auction. He looks great in the back yard where I live, and I will take
it to Longwood and put him in my garden there.

You can always reach me at my personal email address:
seedman@earthlink.net

I do hope to see y'all in the future. In the meantime, keep up the great
work and blessings to all of you!

Paco Verin

Project Coordinator

Philadelphia Green Community Gardening

215-988-8885

The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society

100 N. 20th St., Philadelphia, PA  19103

www.thepennsylvaniahorticulturalsociety.org
<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/jverin/Application%20Data/Microso
ft/Signatures/www.thepennsylvaniahorticulturalsociety.org>