Design and plans for Classic Indoor Garden

  • Subject: [cg] Design and plans for Classic Indoor Garden
  • From: "Jim Flint" jimf@burlingtongardens.org
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 12:10:32 -0500

Judy and all,

Thanks to everyone for the interesting dialogue on indoor gardening.

For the past few years, I've been working and testing a new design for a basic indoor garden for home and school use.

About 50 of these units are in use in Vermont with good results.

Now seems a good time to do a beta release of the design and plans, first to the ACGA list serv.

A photograph and detailed plans are available on our web site at the link below.

http://www.burlingtongardens.org/Indoor%20Garden%20Design.html

I'd appreciate any feedback from ACGA list serv members on the design.

The most important component is the light fixture and tubes, as this is the critical element for seed starting. It's possible to get by on the cheap with lights, but the investment in quality fixtures and light tubes is well worth a few extra dollars.

Happy New Year!

Jim Flint

Friends of Burlington Gardens
33 Tracy Drive