Comparative studies of inner-city and suburban c. gardens?

HELP:  Does anyone know of any studies that have been done comparing inner-city community gardens with suburban ones and commonalities and differences among the gardeners' experiences?

I am a graduate student at the University of Louisville, Kentucky, beginning my work on my master's thesis in Environmental Education and Management.  I am wanting to conduct a comparative study of Louisville's inner-city community gardening program with Jefferson County's suburban community gardening program.  I am interested in finding and analyzing descriptive statistics of chosen gardens in the county and city and interviewing gardeners for their motivations for community gardening.  Surely there has been a similar study done before, but how do I find it?  Perhaps you can help me.
THANKS!