Where do I Start?

We're trying to start a community garden here in Reno,
NV and had some general questions.  Our site is a local
ranch that was donated to the city a few years ago.  We
need some tips on how to start organizing the program,
where to obtain resources, where to search for funding,
and how to educate gardeners.  Also, should we bother
with any type of public liabiity insurance?  Any
guidance or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Genevieve Williams