RE: University Community Gardens and More

  • Subject: RE: [cg] University Community Gardens and More
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 13:23:13 -0500

Chris,

The largest and possibly oldest University Community Garden is located at
the University of Wisconsin, Madison, The Eagle Heights Community Garden :
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~ehgarden/

There is a wealth of community garden information and lore to be found on
the American Community Gardening Association's web site:
http://www.communitygarden.org/ , including academic studies, surveys and
grass roots organizing tips. While use of these materials is presented for
free by the ACGA, joining the ACGA is one of the best ways to assure that
these materials and the cause of community gardening, food security and open
space greening are supported into the 21st century.

Happy researching,
Adam Honigman