Re: EPA PHASE OUT CCA WOOD

  • Subject: Re: [cg] EPA PHASE OUT CCA WOOD
  • From: Dboek@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 20:24:52 EST

I second Hillary's suggestion, extended to the Southeast. Black locust
(Robinia pseudoacacia) posts are known to last over a half century even here
in the heat. Some people think it is a 'trash tree', but it is a native and I
really like the flowers. As I've said before, rocks are also good for
outlining beds, and living fences and hedges make good fencing choices.

Don Boekelheide
Charlotte NC