query: how to argue for land

I need help with a question of strategy. We are trying to get a piece of
land for a community garden in the city of Hartford. The landowners are an
association of health care institutions. The neighborhood is densely
populated - has a particularly large number of older people, as well as
schoolchildren - and I would like to make an argument in terms of health
benefits. Can anyone make suggestions?  Thanks much.

Jane Nadel-Klein
Trinity College