a new community garden

  • Subject: [cg] a new community garden
  • From: "LEXI GROSS" <aggross@mediaone.net> (by way of Sally McCabe)
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 23:11:53 -0500

    Hi-   I'm looking to start a new community garden  on my university's
campus.  I go to Emory University in Atlanta.  I've  been in touch with the
head of gardening in the area, Fred Conrad.  I need  some specifics to get
the idea passed through my university's presidents  council.  I was
wondering what was easiest to grow in Atlanta around  March/April, and what
size plot was recommended.  I was also wondering  about the schedule needed
to complete such a project.  All the food I raise  on campus will be
donated, so all the gardeners will  be volunteers.   How much land will
yield how much food?  I recognize this depends on the  food planted, but
what will yield the most food in the least amount of space and  moderate
maintenance?  I would appreciate any advice you could give  me.   thanks,
Lexi Gross