Getting Started in Farming!

  • Subject: [cg] Getting Started in Farming!
  • From: Laura Berman laura@foodshare.net
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:49:11 -0500

ACGA'ers, I'm passing this along. If you have any questions,  please direct
them to the person whose contact info is at bottom.

Getting Started in Farming!

Please pass the information along to all those you feel would benefit from
the seminar.

The title is Getting Started in Farming! and the intended audience is
"Persons who have recently started or are interested in getting started in
an agricultural business and looking for an overview of the issues involved
in starting and operating a business." It is being held on 2/25 in Auburn,
MA.

There is a registration fee, with discounts available to farmers under 36
through the use of our Young Farmer Incentives program.

Getting Started in Farming!

A business seminar sponsored by your First Pioneer Farm Credit, ACA offices
in:

Bedford, NH  (800) 825-3252        Dayville, CT  (800) 327-6785
Enfield, CT  (800) 562-2235        Middleboro, MA  (800) 946-0506
Riverhead, NY  (800) 890-3028

WHO SHOULD ATTEND?

Persons who have recently started or are interested in getting started in an
agricultural business and looking for an overview of the issues involved in
starting and operating a business.

PROGRAM TOPICS INCLUDE:

?    Attributes of a Successful Business Owner
?    Planning and Vision
?    Leadership Issues
?    Marketing
?    Feasibility Analysis and Developing Budgets
?    Applying for Financing

Presenters:        Gene Gouthier, CPA (Enfield) & Rick Hermonot (Dayville)
Farm Business Consultants with First Pioneer Farm Credit