Re: New CG Water Supply

  • Subject: Re: [cg] New CG Water Supply
  • From: Steve Mitrione <smitrione@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 20:29:14 -0500

I think you are mistaken.  What was described sounds to me like
stormwater.  Grey water is the stuff produced when you wash your hands
or rinse your pasta.  Brown water is the stuff you flush down your
toilet.  I would suggest that you discuss use of the water with an
extension agent to see if testing would be in order to see if it is
suitable for use on vegetable plants.  Storm water can contain high
levels of E. Coli from dog feces not picked up be owners.  If the storm
water is treated in some way, it could be very safe to use.  Good luck.