  • Subject: [cg] Jobs
  • From: "Sally McCabe" <SMcCabe@Pennhort.org>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 17:14:48 -0500

Please reply to   bradjcohen@yahoo.com]

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Cohen [mailto:bradjcohen@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 5:43 PM
To: Sally McCabe
Subject: [JSpamFilter] Jobs

Hi, my name is Brad Cohen and I'm a senior at the
Evergreen State College in Olympia,WA. At the moment
I'm an intern at GRuB- Garden Raised Bounty. We are a
non-profit that grows inspired, self-confident and
community-minded youth through educational and
employment opportunities. We improve quality of life
and nutrition of low-income seniors through
therapeutic garden programs. We also help low-income
families to help themselves by building raised-bed
gardens at their homes, you can learn more about GRuB
at goodgrub.org. I'm also very interested in the Slow
Food Movement. I feel that the culinary arts closes
the agricultural cycle. Knowing how to grow your own
food is essential, however knowing how to properly
cook it is just as important. Last Spring and Summer I
worked at Michael Field's Agriculture Institute in
East Troy, WI. Not only is MFAI a non-profit 19 acre
certified organic/biodynamic vegetable farm, but also
a biodynamic research institute, and a seasonal,local,
organic restauarant (in which I apprenticed under the
chef). Anyway, I was wondering if you know of any
jobs/internships for Spring (or right now!) and/or
Summer. Or if you know of any jobs/internships in this
field around Arcata (or south to the San Francisco,
basically anywhere south of Olympia). Thank you very
much (sorry about the long e-mail!)
Brad Cohen
360-754-1434 (home)
414-324-6849 (cell)