Gardener's Supply -- worth the effort to send in a donationrequest?

  • Subject: [cg] Gardener's Supply -- worth the effort to send in a donationrequest?
  • From: "Alliums" garlicgrower@green-logic.com
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:06:50 -0500

Hi, Folks!

Found the following item in my Fundraising Info - GrantStation Insider
02.15.05 e-mail this morning:

Focus on Gardening, Agriculture, Food, and the Environment
Gardener's Supply Donation Program

The Gardener's Supply Donation Program provides cash or product donations to
nonprofit organizations throughout the U.S. The company focuses support on
causes related to gardening, sustainable agriculture, food, environment, and
hunger. Applications are accepted throughout the year. Visit the above
website for more information.

http://www.gardeners.com/gardening/content.asp?copy_id=5152

Has anyone outside of VT actually sent in a donation request (not the Garden
Crusader awards) and actually gotten anything from Gardener's Supply?

With all the work we're doing with low-income children and adjudicated
youth, we could really use more hand-tools (the kids don't mean to, but
especially the ADHD kids just drop them and don't remember that they did
it), but in my old age, I'm getting very leary of writing out grant requests
to large companies who often care more about publicity in a certain area to
boost sales rather than what my particular program is doing.  Personally, I
don't know how much more noble our program can be (which is good on the
local level) but isn't helping us one iota on the corporate level.

Thanks for the input!

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of