JustVolunteers.org? Baou Trust, Baou Inc. in NY?

  • Subject: [cg] JustVolunteers.org? Baou Trust, Baou Inc. in NY?
  • From: "Alliums" garlicgrower@green-logic.com
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:58:35 -0500

Hi, Folks!

Just got the following e-mail -- I've found VolunteerMatch.org to be a great
resource (which is free, BTW), but know nothing of the JustVolunteers
organization.  The website says that "JustVolunteers is funded by a grant
provided by Baou Trust, a private family Trust located in New York" yet in
the "Terms of Use," it says "JustVolunteers is owned and operated by Baou,
Inc., a New York corporation."

If anyone can shed some light on the Baou Trust, Baou Inc or this
organization, do let the rest of us know.  I'm nervous about putting contact
info on a website that I don't know anything about. . .

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of

We are very pleased to announce the launch of JustVolunteers, a website
dedicated to helping charities, not-for-profit organizations and
volunteers connect. Our service strives to help everyone find a great place
to volunteer.

Unlike other "volunteer-matching" services, JustVolunteers is offered
free of charge to support a growing community of non-profit, volunteer
and business professionals.

Volunteers can enter their location by zip/postcode to quickly find
local volunteer opportunities posted by recognized charities and
not-for-profit organizations throughout the world.

Organizations can post any number of territory-specific opportunities,
without charge.

For more information or to register and post your volunteer
opportunities, visit http://www.justvolunteers.org.