Green Gold Daisy

I recently bought two Green Gold Daisy's (Euryops viridis Green Gold)
and have planted them in full sun in Yuma, AZ.  When do I prune these
trees and how?  They both have a nice round shape and I would like to
keep them this way.  Also,  On the description of the plant it reads
that it is tolerates drought and then I have heard otherwise from the
nurseries.  Can you tell me a little more about this type of plant?