-----Original Message-----
From: Hames@aol.com [mailto:Hames@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2001 3:37 PM
To: smccabe@pennhort.org
Subject: PEAS -FYI

I just wanted to let you know about the upcoming PEAS Conference. PEAS
(Providing Education through Agriculture for Students) is sponsored by
NOFA/Mass and Greenfield Community College's Human Ecology Program. This
year's conference will be held at GCC on March 31, 2001.

This year's approach was a bit new for PEAS, as we asked presenters to
address agriculture from across the curriculum. We've got a mini-conference
on school/community gardens, arts and agriculture offerings, history and the
land, and Davis Bates providing an entertaining look at folklore and

Please visit http://ma.nofa.org and review the workshop descriptions. A
registration form is available for printout from that site as well. I'd also
like to invite you to display information at our exhibitor's booths. The
is minimal, $15 for exhibitors requiring a table, $10 for
presenter/exhibitors, and $5 for brochures to be put out for participants to
pick up. If you'd like to speak with me directly about any aspect of PEAS
please call me at (978) 827-1305 or email me at Farm@hamesaxle.com.

As a part of our growing Farm Education activity, an egroups discussion
has begun at www.egroups.com/FarmEducation.  Please stop by and check it

Thank you,
Pat Garland Stewart
PEAS Conference Coordinator