establishing gardens

 Thanks to all for reading this.
 I am a student/community activist in Buffalo, NY.
Recently, fellow students here have expressed the
desire to spearhead a movement aimed at bringing
community gardens here to Buffalo.
 Buffalo is a city that is continuing to witness the
effects of urban blight in communities (predominantly
African-American and Hispanic communities) neglected
by the city, and of post-industrial brownfields and
other industrial decay.
 I am writing you because we wish to gain a better
understanding of the efforts that have been undertaken
by activists, gardeners, community leaders,
legislators and other people who have gotten together
to form gardens in their communities, or who have
fought to preserve their gardens in jeopardy.
 Any feedback that you can give would be gratefully
appreciated. It would help us to form some kind of
framework around which to develop these gardens and,
just as important, to get the response of the
communities around here which might be most receptive
to them.
 Thank you for your time and feedback.

Mark DeBrew

Do You Yahoo!?