Starting Your Ohio Community Garden

  • Subject: [cg] Starting Your Ohio Community Garden
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 14:15:47 -0500

Eric,

This article from last February's New Age Journal on Community Gardening may
be a good place for some folks to start:

http://www.newage.com/current.comm-grdn.html

Seriously, you should go to the website of the American Community Gardening
Association http://www.communitygarden.org and click on the links, printing
out the stuff that you like.

Here are two Ohio links that may be helpful to you:

Ohio:
Brooklyn Community Garden, Brooklyn
http://www.brooklyn.k12.oh.us/roadoan/Garden/garden.htm

Seeds of Hope ...Harvest of Pride!, Cleveland Heights

http://www.bright.net/~gardens/index.html

Here's the ACGA link on starting a community garden.
http://www.communitygarden.org/pubs/starting.html

Having gardened with community gardeners from all over the world at the
Clinton Community Garden in NYC, http://www.clintoncommunitygarden.org , I
think that organizing the garden so that is is both fun and fair is really
helpful.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman