  • From: StolBard@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 10:17:08 EST

As many of you know, Seeds of Hope is a program that honors and rewards
America's top volunteer-run community gardens.  We've helped bring national
and local media attention (including CNN, Associated Press, Chicago
Tribune, WABC-TV NY and hundreds of others), and have donated equipment,
seeds and money to outstanding gardens throughout the nation.

Unfortunately, during tough economic times, support for programs such as
Seeds of Hope is often the first budget item to be eliminated.  As a
result, our main sponsor, John Deere, is unable to continue in 2002.

That's why we need your help.

Seeds of Hope needs a corporate sponsor to continue it's efforts in
2002.  If you know of any company that would be interested in title
sponsorship of a program that will create enormous community goodwill while
achieving major national publicity -- all at an exceptionally small cost --
please e-mail me immediately at stolbard@aol.com. Any leads would be
greatly appreciated!

Hopefully, the next time I'm in contact, it will be to gather nominations
for another great year of Seeds of Hope!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bill Stoller
Program Director
Seeds of Hope /Stoller & Bard Communications, Inc.

PS: To let you know how much Seeds of Hope recognition can mean to
hardworking volunteers, please take a look at this note we recently
received from a regional honoree...

"The award gives us a shot in the arm, when there is little recognition
from our own communities in what we are doing with the gardens. Community
gardeners truly do this because of the love of the land, kids, food,
neighborhoods and communities. For (John Deere) Seeds of Hope to recognize
this segment of urban populations striving for community betterment and
self-reliance through greening is a noble and courageous act of
recognition. I hope they keep it up - it is making a human connection to a
corporate entity.

J Jones, 5th Avenue Community Gardens, Cedar Rapids, IA