where are all the community gardens?

  • Subject: [cg] where are all the community gardens?
  • From: "Harriet Festing" <hfesting@pps.org>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 13:59:41 -0500

we're launching our new and fairly amazing website today,
Great Public Spaces, Great Community Places,
(http://www.greatpublicspaces.org),  The site allows anyone
to praise or damn the places you live in and visit.

But where, I keep wondering, are all the incredible community gardens?
and the childrens gardens? It makes my heart weep to see so few of them
on the website.  People could, I know, go to the ACGA website - but they
might not... they might not even think of community gardens as great public

So please, do us a favor, go nominate a community garden, or add your
comments to the few gardens that have been nominated.

And don't forget to add a few scanned photos.

Make my day.  Thanks Harriet

To browse the listings, chime in with your opinions, nominate a Great Public
Space, or a contender for the Hall of Shame:

To find out more about Project for Public Spaces go to http://www.pps.org

To join the dicusssion about public spaces, sign up for the PPS listserve:
or send an email to public.spaces-subscribe@topica.com

Harriet Festing
Project for Public Spaces
153 Waverly Place, 4th floor
New York, NY 10014

Project for Public Spaces
building community - creating places - using common sense

parks & plazas - markets - transportation - civic design

26 years - 1000 communities - 46 states - 12 countries
training & education - publications - planning & visioning

become a member - visit our websites
www.pps.org / www.urbanparks.pps.org