re: Anti-CG Article in today's NY Post

  • Subject: re:[cg] Anti-CG Article in today's NY Post
  • From: JSBMH2@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 21:26:50 EST

Hi Adam,
I am one of "these people who come from Kansas and Oklahoma, and wherever
else, who think they have a right to their own private gardens," At first I
took a dash of umbrage at her triad, but then I realized she was right.  We
do think we have a right to a garden.  To be sure, the issues here have more
to do with community and poverty than with space, hell I could feed New Your
City for free if I could farm the vacant land in Oklahoma City.  Presented
with the choice of a high rise or destroying an established neighborhood
garden few of us 'wherever else' folk would think twice.  I had it in my mind
that New York was a melting pot.....but that's another issue.

Its like breathing.  Growing food.

But I see a possibility for Community Garden art here.  On behalf of your
brothers here in Oklahoma, I would like to mail you an Oklahoma flag and some
okra seed for the Clinton Garden.  (e-m me a mailing address).  New standards
for a new New York.
I'm looking forward to seeing you in July.
John Herndon
Urban Harvest Coordinator
Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma