community gardens in Westchester County, NY

  • Subject: [cg] community gardens in Westchester County, NY
  • From: "Amy Parekh" <amyparekh@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 18:00:49 -0500

To Whom This May Concern,

I will start to be working for an organization which is a coalition of fifty
non-profit environmental organizations in Westchester County. Specifically,
we are interested in bring community gardens to certain towns and cities in
Westchester. Right now, we are thinking about Mount Vernon, but I may also
branch out to other locations. I have the following questions:

Who might want to help us with them?

Are there groups that will give us advice? supplies? personnel?

How are we going to get this community garden/ beautification project done?

Thanks,
Amy

Amy Tolia Parekh
(as of 2/4/02)
Environmental Educator and Program Assistant
Federated Conservationists of Westchester County
Pace University Law School
White Plains, N.Y.
http://www.fcwc.org