Fireman Farmer

  • Subject: [cg] Fireman Farmer
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 10:18:08 -0500

Friends,

This is a NY Times portrait of Gerard T. Nevins from Rescue 1 who was lost
on 9/11. Rescue 1 is one of the three Hell's Kitchen firehouses that we are
honored to have as part of the Clinton Community Garden family.

 The piece below tells us something about the man.

 http://www.nytimes.com/2002/01/13/national/portraits/POG-13NEVINS.html

We undoubted had to have seen  Fireman Nevins rushing to fires and
emergencies with Rescue 1 on several occasions( the Rescue houses are among
the busiest fire houses in NYC) but we hardly knew him. Hindsight is always
20/20. We all have helping people like him in our neighborhoods - it's
always good to stop by and say hi with a friendly word and a basket of
tomatoes.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman