The New Regime. . .

Hi, Folks!

As you may have heard at the ACGA conference in NYC this July, the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society is no longer hosting the ACGA National Office.  While the Board looks for a new National Office location and Executive Director, my husband, Frank Desimone and I will be hosting the National Office on a hopefully efficient, but very part-time basis.

While Frank, an IT wizard, tones up the ACGA database to make it more useful and efficient, I'll be answering technical questions from the public and going through procedures to make them as paperless as possible.

My first item was to set up this ACGA National Office e-mail address at Yahoo so that no matter who is "in charge," the e-mail will all go to the same place.  I'm hoping to work with the new webpage consultant to add as much of the National Office information to the website so that little of the new Executive Director's time will be spent on "standard" paperwork.

I'm sure the Board hopes that my tenure will be VERY temporary (we all know I'm not nearly as nice as Sally and much too willing to call a spade a "spade" instead of a "raised bed implementation device" when dealing with, gosh, just about anyone! ;-D), but I'm hoping that as community gardeners, we can take this time to decide just what we want from an organization, a National Office, a website and an e-mail list (especially since it is winter and we all have time!)

Sincerely,

Dorene Pasekoff, ACGA Emergency Office Manager