American Garden Museum

  • Subject: [cg] American Garden Museum
  • From: "Sally McCabe" SMcCabe@Pennhort.org
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:14:39 -0500

From: David Rinaldo [mailto:David.Rinaldo@AmericanGardenMuseum.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 10:54 AM
To: Sally McCabe

In December 2001 a virtual archive celebrating American gardens was officially formed and incorporated as the
American Garden Museum.

This month our website was opened: www.americangardenmuseum.com

In brief, it is a working archive built by gardeners for gardeners – membership is (and will always be) absolutely free.

Our interest is not - who’s bigger and better, but rather, everyday gardeners/organizations and their immense passion – from coast to coast.

Saying that, our first step is the development of a robust database and we’re currently contacting American gardeners via newsletters and internet sites.

We collect stories from all gardeners from all walks of life – both past and present - and right now, we need your help!

For each garden and or gardener we require several photos – with a brief 1-2 paragraph narrative (zone, challenges, rewards, memories ….)

Further information is available on our website.

We’d also love to link our site to yours!

Your comments and assistance are warmly welcomed,

Sincerely,

David Rinaldo

President, American Garden Museum