Iris' Master Gardener presentation

  • Subject: [cg] Iris' Master Gardener presentation
  • From: "Diane Dodge" dianefaydodge@hotmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:27:53 -0600

Dear Iris and Jim,
     Iris, I am really happy to see that you're going to give a presentation about community gardening as part of your MG internship!  And as Jim says, the listserv is an extremely valuable tool, as are the various publications of the ACGA, notably the "Growing Community Curriculum" and "Cultivating Community", which should be in every County Extension MG library. And to support the continuing efforts of the ACGA, an organizational membership for your County MGs($50), and an individual membership for you(still $25?).  A modest and extremely worthwhile investment.
    And Jim, someday I'm gonna get to CASA!  In the meantime, I'm delighted to tell you and the whole world that the 2003 Minnesota State Master Gardener conference theme is "Sustainable Communities Through Horticulture", and one of the five four-hour education tracks is "Community Gardening"! Each track consists of four one hour presentations. This is a first for Minnesota, and I have the great pleasure to be a member of the Education Committee, which for the most part will create the curriculum for the CG track!
The conference is in the middle of September, and I'll give brief updates from time to time.
Diane      Ramsey County(MN) Master Gardener

Message: 1