Garden Art Project

Dear Sir or Madam:
       I am an intern at the Massachusetts Avenue Project in Buffalo, NY.  I am doing research on Youth Garden Art programs.  The center that I am interning with would like to start a program like this for children ages 5 to 11.  I am not aware if this type of program has ever been done and how to go about starting it.  If you think that you have any information that would be helpful I would appreciate it.  Thank you for your time.
Molly Neumeister
Massachusetts Avenue Project